Top 9 Baby and Toddler Car Safety Tips
For the sake of your child’s wellbeing and your peace of mind, make sure your vehicle safety skills are up to date.
These tips will help you:
- Check to see where your child is before putting your vehicle into gear. That way, there’s no risk of hitting your child by mistake.
- Put a small image of your child on the visor or on your keyring to help you remember until checking becomes a habit.
- Keep your baby or toddler safe inside your car, always look before closing automatic windows and always use the automatic door and window locks. Your child cannot throw things out the window or get their hands trapped because of the locks.
- Use manual locks in older cars and keep the car seat away from windows and doors.
- If you have airbags, your baby or toddler should still ride in the back seat.
- Always use an authentic car seat that is age and size appropriate.
- Make your vehicle a smoke-free zone.
- Never leave your child in the car alone, even if it’s only for a few minutes.
- When your child is in the car, make sure there is no exposure to direct sunlight. If required, transfer your child to the back seat’s center and use a window screen.
Leave a Comment